What To Expect
We can’t wait to welcome you to our office. At the first visit, Dr. Jenkins will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of the teeth
- Panoramic and cephalometric low-dose digital radiographs (x-rays) and tracings
- Intraoral and extraoral photographs
What is the cost of the treatment?
The treatment fee can vary, and depends on many factors including the severity of the patient’s problems. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets. We will assist you with the necessary papers for your insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Diagnostic records fee, which includes a diagnosis, treatment plan and follow up discussion.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign. This fee includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office.
- One set of final retainers upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- Additional treatment due to an accident or injury during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) complications or additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery due to extremely unfavorable skeletal growth, or other similar, unusual problems.
Assignment of Benefits
If you have insurance, we will help you determine the coverage you have available. We can have your insurance benefit assigned to us, and arrange for you to pay the balance. Or you can accept the insurance assignment and work out a payment plan with us.
Professional care is provided to our patient, not to an insurance company. The insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient or parent is responsible to the doctor. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delay as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.